Vladimir Cioroiu was born on May 13 in London, Great Britain. He graduated from the “Nicolae Grigorescu” Institute of Fine Arts, the Faculty of Decorative Arts, the Department of Ceramics - Glass - Metal, class of 1977, in the class of professors Zoe Băicoianu, Monica Damian and Brici Marcel. Since 1990 he has been a member of the U.A.P. from Romania. In 1988 he initiated and organized the first National Salon of Art in Glass, Shape and Light at the "Orizont" Gallery, Bucharest. Since 1980, he has exhibited at all national exhibitions of Decorative Arts and Design, Biennials, Triennials and Quadrennials. He participates in international exhibitions: in 2004, Alkmaar, the Netherlands; 1999, Venice, Italy 1998, Oslo, Norway; 1992, Biot, France; 1990, Corning, New York, USA; 1989, Ebeltoft, Denmark; 1988, Kanazawa, Japan; 1986, Erfurt, Germany. He received the Transparency / Glass Salon Award in 2017, in 2003 he received the Visual Artists’ Union of Romania Award for the Arts of Fire and in 1986, the Youth Award for Fine and Decorative Art;
He appears in publications: Who is Who Magazine in Romania, Princeps Edition 2002; in the Encyclopedic Dictionary Who is Who, 2001; 1990, Journal of the Museum of Modern Art in Glass, New Glass, Corning, New York, U.S.A.
- 1966-1971 – Nicolae Tonitza Fine Arts High School
- Between 1980 and 2005 he participates in all the Plastic, Decorative and Design Art Salons, municipal and national, as well as in numerous Symposiums, Creative Camps and Contemporary Art Exhibitions;
- He initiates and organizes the first National Salon of Art in Glass Shape and Light at Orizont Gallery, Bucharest, 1988;
- Numerous works in museums, art galleries, private collections in the country and abroad
- 1986 Erfurt, Germany;
- 1988 Kanazawa, Japan;
- 1989 Ebeltoft, Denmark;
- 1990 Corning, New York, S.U.A.;
- 1992 Biot, France;
- 1998 Oslo, Norway;
- 1999 Venice, Italy;
- 2004 Alkmaar, the Netherlands.
Selection of national exhibitions:
- 1981-1986 Group exhibitions Atelier 35, Buzau, Bucharest;
- 1983-2003 Art Salon, Bucharest;
- 1988-2005 National Glass Art Salon;
- Since 1980 he participates at all the National Exhibitions of Decorative Arts and Design, Biennials, Triennials and Quadrennials;
- 1998-2000 Ion Andreescu Biennial of Arts, Buzau;
- 1998-2001 International Biennial of the Arts of Fire, Bucharest;
- 2001 National Art Salon, Bucharest;
- 2002 Exhibition Salons of Moldova Bacau (Romania) and Chisinau (Republic of Moldova).
- 1990 Journal of the New Glass Museum of Modern Art - Corning, New York, USA;
- Published in the Who’s Who Encyclopedic Dictionary, 2001;
- Who’s Who Magazine in Romania, Princeps Edition 2002.
- 1986 Prize of the Youth Salon of Plastic and Decorative Art;
- 2003 Prize of the Visual Artists’ Union of Romania for the Arts of Fire
- 2000-2001 - Professor at the SSJ School of Journalism